Thursday 1 May 2014

Katy Dove

                 

                                    


Katy Dove works with drawing, abstract imagery, watercolours and animation. I was interested to learn in the video above that she creates her animation by scanning an abstract drawing and then animating it. Camille Utterback also uses scanned in drawings/marks for the Untitled 5 work. I am not sure why I never considered doing this until now...

Much of Dove's work deals with her response to sound and drawing sound and as such she records her own sound to go with the animation. I think sound is definitely something I want to explore at some point as I feel that no exploration of the visual experience of rhythm/motion is complete without looking at sound as an integral experience of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment