Thursday 1 May 2014

After Effects Test 3





I spent a lot of time working on creating different coloured spots in photoshop and refining the movement of the spots in After Effects and I think this video might be a better representation of the movement than the previous one. I had planned to continue with this animation (populating it with more movement spots) so that I may present it at the pitch. However, I have come to a conclusion that I am going to use ink drops to mark the motion rather than computer-generated spots. As the work is very much about people, movement, and creation...I think there is a human, gestural quality of using traditional media which computer-generated imagery lacks. I suppose the time spent on using After Effects is not lost as it has been a great way of learning to use the program and for 'sketching out' motion ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment