Friday 2 May 2014

George Square Filming

I was out filming last night as I wanted to include a short film for the intro to my pitch with a clip of George Square changing from daylight to night. I took a series of short movie clips from 8:40 to 10:00pm which captures the change of light. I think the sequence on its own works quite well to indicate the passage of time...but I'm not so sure if it works with the overall idea of the movie  (which is to set the scene, indicate the subject matter of motion, mapping, relationships between people and give an idea of the process)...






I returned this morning to get more footage but the position I had set-up the camera the night before had been taken over by some tents and fencing...so I had to reposition myself. I also experimented with shooting some footage with my minicam attached to my boot to add a sense of motion to the movie.  None of the footage shot on the minicam could be analysed until it was plugged into the laptop so I had no idea what I got.

During the edit, I realised a lot of the minicam footage was just too jumpy and oddly composed to be used with the other footage I shot the night before (which was on a tripod). On it's own I think it can be an interesting way to experiment with filming...but I don't think it helps to convey the idea of the work. I will have to reshoot some of the footage.

In anycase, I decided to put together a very rough edit of the footage I have so far to give myself an idea of how it might work/look. Although I have done a couple of storyboards, I have found that only by actually do the filming and putting it together that it starts to become apparent how and what I need to do next.










No comments:

Post a Comment